Sunday, July 22, 2018

Beginning anew

I have tried to start this blog several times.  Initially, I had conceived it as a series about punk music and punk aesthetics.  I have always been interested in punk music and culture and it is something that I have also written about from an academic perspective.  But I found this to be too confining and so I thought that I would expand this to also be about movies and books.  Then, when I tried to write about these topics, I kept floundering.  I would begin posts or jot down ideas and never finish them.  I had tried to draft posts offline so that I could have some in reserve and "bank" them for upcoming release.  This, too, I found to be too confining.  
So here is my newest start.  I am going to write this and post it without fanfare: this is my shameless attempt to jump-start my writing process again.  This new start has no rules.  I don't want to have anything like a posting schedule to bind me or a broad subject to confine.  Put simply, this is a place where I will post what I want when I want.  I have the feeling that a broad subject matter will become evident, but that will be left to determine itself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment