Monday, December 28, 2020

Swedish Crust Punk

I recently came across the album Det Svenka Hatet by Swedish band Ett Dodens Maskineri on Spotify the other day and I haven't been able to stop listening to it.  

This album may be one of the best punk albums that I have heard this year, and it may even be among my favorites overall for the year.  It is packed with driving songs with melodic hooks.  

"Istrid," the first song that I heard opens with melodic guitar picking that moves into a hook that sounds a bit like something from  a Leftover Crack song.  At times the song reminds of more classic crustpunk with building chord progressions and full-throated vocals. 

While I know that this music isn't for everyone, this is the perfect album for those into hardcore crustpunk.  It is well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment